IMPASS: Intelligent Mobility Platform with Active Spoke System
Intelligent Mobility Platform with Active Spoke System
|Principal Investigator||Dr. Dennis Hong|
|Sensors||Foot Touch Sensors (12x)|
Goals and Objectives
- Classification for topology structures of IMPASS based on different ground contact points
- Mobility analysis for different configuration cases, using both conventional and screw-based modified Grubler and Katzbach criterion
- Inverse and forward position analysis for the critical topology scheme of IMPASS
- Singularity configuration identify and investigation using screw theory
- Screw-based Jacobian analysis
- Develop 2D and 3D motion planning strategies in unstructured terrain for both terrain sensing and non-terrain sensing configurations
- Verify motion planning strategies in simulation and experimentally
- Advance the capabilities of the hardware platform, including a moving center of gravity, onboard computer and power, and rugged body and components
- Develop accurate and dependable perception units for terrain sensing and object recognition, including laser range finders and cameras
- Laney, D. and Hong, D.W.,”Kinematic Analysis of a Novel Rimless Wheel with Independently Actuated Spokes”, 29th ASME Mechanisms and Robotics Conference, Long Beach, California, September 24-28, 2005.
- Hong. D.W. and Laney, D., “Preliminary Design and Kinematic Analysis of a Mobility Platform with Two Actuated Spoke Wheels”, US-Korea Conference on Science, Technology and Entrepreneurship (UKC 2006), Mechanical Engineering & Robotics Symposium, Teaneck, New Jersey, August 10-13, 2006.
- Laney, D. and Hong, D.W., “Three-Dimensional Kinematic Analysis of the Actuated Spoke Wheel Robot”. 30th ASME Mechanisms and Robotics Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, September 10-13, 2006.
- Wang, Y., Ren, P., Hong, D.W." Mobility and geometrical analysis of a twoactuated spoke wheel robot modeled as a mechanism with variable topology",32ndASME Mechanisms and Robotics Conference, August 6-9, 2008, Brooklyn, New York,United States
- Ren, P., Wang, Y., Hong, D.W." Three-dimensional Kinematic Analysis of a TwoActuated Spoke Wheel Robot Based on its Equivalency to a Serial Manipulator",32ndASME Mechanisms and Robotics Conference,August 6-9, 2008, Brooklyn, New York,United States
- Wang, Y., Ren, P., Hong, D.W." Gait and Gait Transition for a Robot with TwoActuated Spoke Wheels",33rd ASME Mechanisms and Robotics Conference, August30-September 2, 2009,San Diego, California, United States
- 2005 ASME Freudenstein/General Motors Young Investigator Award